New features of the New LawnSite Software

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, May 8, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

As you probably have read in the announcement by Pierre-Luc, the new software updates are about all done.

I have been trying to learn all the new features we have here. So far I have found a lot of them, like the Spell Checker, you can now put members on your buddy list to see if they are on to be able to send a Private Message and get a responce, Calander and if you put in your birthday in your profile, it will show up on the calander.

Another nice thing is if anyone sees a post you don't think should be there or bad words in it or you think it need attention, just click on report this post and it will be emailed to all the moderators and list who is on line at the time. Please use this feature, it will help us out a lot.

If you post and want to get notified about any responses just to that post or to any posts on a forum, just click on subscribe to a forum or thread.

As you can see, there are lots of new things for posting, I won't even get into them. :)

The forum should be all back to the way it was soon, but with all these new goodies also. I am still finding new things, so lets all keep searching to see what else you find. Post here what it is you find and what it does. :)

Enjoy
    Eric

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm a little slow here:p
    How do I get to the calendar?

And since there are two of us, is there anyway to add both of our birthdays instead of just one?

3. Eric ELM

The only way you could have both birthdays is if you add one of you as a new member.

Here is the link to the new calendar and there will be a link to it somewhere on the forum. Sorry I didn't include that before.

Calendar = http://www.lawnsite.com/calendar.php

To add your name to it, fill it in, in your profile and it will go on the calendar. :)

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

No flameing envelopes?

Is there something that shows what the enelopes mean, FAQ is not working yet so I was not sure.

I wish envelopes with new post were a different color.

Sound like I'm complaining? I'm not, just trying to figure things out.

5. 1MajorTom

.Ray

Click on a forum.
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
    At the bottom it will show you what the envelopes mean.

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Aaaaaaahhhh, thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that. DUH :rolleyes:

7. Eric ELM

I see we can even rate a thread now. :D

Another feature I found is you can not only see how many posts a member has done in their profile, but their average per day too. :)

8. 1MajorTom

ahem, with your birthday creeping up real soon, I'm sure it's just your increasing age that is making things more difficult.:D

Actually your three days before Matt's b-day, and 8 days before Eric's. :)
    This birthday thing is pretty cool.:p

Hey I like the idea of rating a thread. I'll just have to rate all mine best. :) (Just kidding around.)

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Man,
    You guys are doing a super job on this site.I commend you on all the great work that was done here. :D

Thank You

Mike Nelson

10. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Just finished importing timezone offsets to the new forum!

Also, the FAQ link now works.

If there's anything I forgot, please tell me...

--

I'd like to have your comments, questions and suggestions about this new forum -- please post them here. Thanks!

Pierre-Luc Soucy