New feller

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RB Lawn, Oct 31, 2005.

1. RB Lawn

RB Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I've been lurking around here a few months and finally became a member.I am planning on starting out part-time at the beginning of 2006.I am going to keep my regular job and start out slow. I don't have alot of expensive equipment yet, but some decent equipment that I believe will work good til I get built up enough to get some real good equipment.
    I have read alot here in the forums, and there is alot of good info here.Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone and hope to keep learning from you guys.:waving:

2. fyshstykr

fyshstykr LawnSite Member
    from zone 99

Nice to meet you ,I am the other "newbie" on the block,Good Luck !!!!

3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

scary stuff hey fellas we have all been there in some form or another should i shouldn't i and so on i have been going now for a year i discovered this site 2 months ago and it has made the world of difference to my business good luck:cool2:

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

its really amazing, i cant beleive the difference in my first year since i found this place, i know for a fact it would not have been as a successful year as it was, if it werent for the people here at lawnsite..

big thanks to them all..

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I too would not be where I am now without this forum. I researched this site and read every thread for 5 months before I finally made the move. I can't begin to thank everyone here for the knowledge and advice they have supplied me with. Thank you to all the seasoned veterans, and welcome to all the new guys. Read, read, read. It'll make a world of difference!

Cheers! :drinkup:

6. bigdaddymead05

bigdaddymead05 LawnSite Member

hello, i'm new to this site and quite frankly, finding was really a godsend, i've been in the biz about 8yrs now and just this summer i managed to squirrel away enuff $ to buy my first couple pieces of equipment towards starting my own small company. my story reads like most of the nes i've read @this site, i'm just grateful to have found this site and want to say hello.

7. RB Lawn

RB Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Well,I have been buying up pieces of equipment for a few years now.My dad has tinkered with small engines all his life, and can pretty much bring them back from the dead.So,I find alot of stuff not running, buy it dirt cheap,invest in some parts, and he gets them goin.
    I'm gonna start out with:
    I have:
    2 Snapper Commercial 21' Self Propelled Mowers
    John Deere 260G Weedeater
    Homelite Bandit Weedeater
    McCulloch Handheld blower
    Snapper ET300C Commercial Walkbehind edger
    McCulloch Titan GHT30 Hedge trimmer
    and a Craftsman chainsaw and McCulloch chainsaw
    I know I'm gonna need a decent rider or walk behind, but I think I have enough to get a decent start.

8. Simply Green Lawn Care

Simply Green Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from TN

I'm new also and just want to say hello and good luck.

Thank you to the Veterans for all your help as well!

Rock On !

Bo

9. RB Lawn

RB Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Hello, and good luck to you also!:)

10. EMS83

EMS83 LawnSite Member

New one here too!! lots of info and good advices