New Ferris 3100 question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ericmcj31, Jun 10, 2009.

1. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

If you could buy a demo 60'' Ferris 3100Z w/ a 30 HP Kohler for 7K, would you rip the dealers arm off??? I know we've got a lot of BB and other lovers on here, but just pondering the question. FWIW the unit has/had 19 hours on it.

2. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

it is a really good deal! go for it! that mower with that motor is arround 10000+ i priced a 3100 with a 37 kawi and it was 11300

3. ericmcj31

yeah, I had priced them and they were over 11K after taxes; no taxes on this deal too, since it's an out of state purchase

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Someone is really wanting to sell that unit badly, go tomorrow and buy the machine if you are in the market. That deal is almost to good to be true, does it have a deck, you better check?

5. ericmcj31

haha-I will post pics./specs. next week; I am gonna pick up Monday-lol

6. puppypaws

I take it you are the same person, now is it a new one you are getting, or is it a demo with 19 hrs?

7. ericmcj31

it is a demo w/ 19 hours; to me that is still new-lol; the one I am gonna have FS is mine that I have had for 2 years and a month. I generally sell/buy a new one every 2 years.

8. puppypaws

You have a good dealer looking out for you, or someone connected with Ferris. That is a very fortunate business deal swinging your way.

9. ericmcj31

yeah-I'll fill you guys in more next week....the thread will read "Look what I just 'stole!'"

10. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I bought a 3100 with the 32HP Briggs for $10k plus $2.5k for the bagger. $7k for a 2009 would be a super deal.I live near the factory so it would be a little more for freight for you than me. A 3100 is a heavy machine.