New Ferris 5100Z delivered today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DaddyRabbit, Jun 9, 2009.

1. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

The Big Red Machine finally jumped off of the trailer today straight from the dealer. I was trying my hand on my pond banks when all of a sudden the front end came up higher than my comfort level was game for. I was with in a Millisecond of heading back to the house to change my shorts after that one. :eek: All in all I am so completely impressed but the real test doesn't begin until years down the road. I want to tinker on it so bad I can't stand myself. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. edgewood

edgewood LawnSite Member

That thing looks waaay too clean, go get it in the mud or something...

3. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

cool---if you don't mind me asking...what kinda $$$ did that little beauty set you back?

4. zman2307

zman2307 LawnSite Senior Member
    from OR

Interesting. It has the same 2-stage canister filter as the smaller machines. I would have figured it would have the 4-stage Enginaire VLR cleaner like the Bad Boy for the money you dropped on that thing.

All that said, that is a beast and should make you some serious money if you're a contractor.

5. zman2307

zman2307 LawnSite Senior Member
    from OR

I wonder how it would ride with the Michigan seat?

6. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

that is one awsome looking machine! it is really nice, i want to know how it does with ruttin and tearing when turning? when you get some time on it let us all know the ins and outs of it! i have to say that is pretty much the king daddy of ztr's it might not have the most engine and not the biggest deck but i bet it is the biggest frame with the most suspension! im sooooo jealous! one day i will own somthing like that for just myself no work.

7. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

$13600 OTD new in crate. I felt like it was a heck of a deal. :clapping:

8. ericmcj31

I coulda got you one for around 10K--you would've had a little drive..not too bad, though

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Are you kidding, that is the new style 5100, a dealer can't buy that machine for $10,000.00.

10. ericmcj31

it's a demo...has like 20 hours on it; but still a new warranty and all