New Ferris stuff coming out!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TomberLawn, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got my PRO Magazine out of the mailbox and on the back cover was a Ferris ad announcing some new products coming out soon. I signed up for the email updates. I'll update this thread as I get information from the email updates.

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought you were all about the Hustler Super Z. I remember you tried one out and loved it. You on the fence between the two?

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I have a Ferris and the dealer is pretty good to me. Last week, I pulled the mower off the trailer to mow at my church and it didn't have any speed or handling. Checked the hydro fluid tank and it was pretty low. My dealer lives about 1/4 up the road from my church, so I called him and he said to bring it on out to his house and he filled it up with fluid. That's good customer service right there.

Hustler has a great product, and there's a great dealer in my county. I'm personally friends with the Ferris dealer and he's a little closer than the Hustler dealer. If Ferris comes out with some mowers that will rival Hustler in speed, Exmark in cut quality, and keep the ride quality they are known for, that will be a humdinger of a mower. We'll have to wait and see what they're going to do, but it should be good.

4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Any idea what's coming out? Really new stuff or just another stand-on endorsement.

Ferris is in a way known for innovation. They were the first to put hydro's on a mower (not invent, just strap them on) and the suspension. Interesting to see what they came up with. I'd don't like this shrouding, it better be worth the publicity, cause they do fall behind in some areas.

How about a newly designed deck, perhaps an added hydro cooler, shave some weight, maybe throw in a proper belt tensioner.

5. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Any idea of when it will be comming out? I really like the ferris mowers, they are built to last, and the suspension is nice, i just wish they could get a better cut quality. Don't get me wrong, they do a decent job but compared to say an exmark or toro, they just aren't at that level.

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

its a new deck design...... just my 2 cents

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

looks tall like a stander to me. A stander with suspension??

8. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

I asked my dealer on friday if they knew anything, but they haven't heard anything yet.. Whatever it is that there coming out with it better have a new style deck.. i'm waiting to see what it is before I start to make improvements to the deck on my Ferris this winter.... "Warranty is up in oct. so its game on to make all the improvements that I want. I'll probably kill my welderby spring time"LOL

9. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Everybody is pretty tight lipped about it. My dealer has been asking lots of questions, but not getting the right answers. All he is hearing is 'It is going to revolutionize the mowing industry'.
    He was telling he got a dealer POP (point of purchase) kit, with a poster of the new product. Like a kid at Christmas he tore into it, only to find the same picture as is posted on Ferris' website:cry:. Obviously Ferris is trying to keep the hype going, but not letting the cat out of the bag quite yet.

10. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

Does anyone know when their going to announce anything?