New Ferris Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tocs93, Apr 13, 2005.

1. tocs93

tocs93 LawnSite Member

I just picked up my new Ferris DD 48 in. walk behind! I love this machine. I tested it in my side yard and it leaves a nice cut. I was concerned that Ferris doesn't offer a hanging/floating deck in the 48in. model but I think that if you are going to scalp turf it is going to happen whether you have a hanging deck or not. The only disadvantage I see is difficulty in changing deck height on the job. Overall I reccomend this machine, very well constructed.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Congratulations on the new mower!

Ferris makes some great ztr's too.

3. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

one of the mowers i am looking to buy is a ferris 48" as well. i am interested in the stripe that it lays down. do u have any pics of ur mower striping?

i know there was a post a few days ago of some ferris stripes but that was a different model - i think it was a ztr.

which w/b mowers stripe the best without a stiping kit- snapper, ferris, or exmark????

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nice machine, good luck with it.

5. stripem67

stripem67 LawnSite Member

Did you ever get an answer about which stripes the best?

6. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

My Ferris 48" DD Sold real fast when it was in the paper. Seems Ferris is starting to get recognition. If I was to compare the stripes between Ferris 48" DD to the Exmark 48" TTHP with no strip kit, the Ferris wins hands down. The exmark comes from the factory with a stripe kit (rubber flap) If you remove it, it won't stripe as good as with it on.

7. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i think i can rule out exmark for sure. i mowed with one and was not impressed with the stripe at all. between snapper and ferris i am not sure which one is best.