New Ferris

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bueller, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bueller

Bueller LawnSite Member

Well spring has'nt sprung. 40 degrees and raining, so what do I do? I go and get a walkbehind. I bought the Ferris 36" Hydro. Looks like a solid unit. I have Ferris 61" already and it has been great. There are closer dealers but, I traveled to save a few $. Can't wait for the season to get here.
  2. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats ... and good luck with your new mower!

I picked up a new 60" Hustler Super Z yesterday ... and here in Indy it was 80 a couple of weeks ago ... now it is rainy and snow flurries! Bring back the sun and the green, green grass!
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You should have done a search first. You most likely would not have bought that mower. I have one and mostly use it for bush hogging in areas where it's a pain to back up my gear drive mower. Mine is 2 years old and I've put a little over 50 hours on it. Quite useless actually.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Damn Richard, you sure rained on that man's parade :laugh:
  5. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

Bueller were in New England are you ?
  6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Richard I demoed a 36 inch hydro cut before on a few lawns. The cut was great but the thumb controls I hated. Would not hold a hill for its life. Just curious if this is what you meant by hating it.
  7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I was at a Ferris dealer yesterday and they had a few Hydrocuts on display. I don't think I could ever get the hang of those thumb controls at all, they are way strange.
  8. Bueller

Bueller LawnSite Member

Thanks for the the post. Good luck with the hustle, I have heard good things about them. As far as 80 degrees, it is now where in site for us. I did spend a week in Jamaica last month though. NICE. I really never planned on using the walk behind on bush cutting, and I don't plan on using my bush hog for cutting down trees either. As far as the controls, not sure yet. I have only run a T- Bar. But they seem easy on and off the pick up I borrowed. I don't have any hills so no problem there. Dannyboy I am in ct. But went almost to MA to get the mower.
  9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive been seeing alot of Ferris mowers lately...they must be pretty good. They look well made.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe if he hasn't actually used it yet he can take it back. BTW, the gear drive I have is also a Ferris that I bought after I bought the Hydrocut. The dealer wouldn't take the Hydrocut back and I had to have a 36" that was easier to use.