new fire place

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by skidster32, Apr 3, 2008.

1. skidster32

skidster32 LawnSite Member

has anyone seen unilocks new precast fire place? it comes pre assembled with fire brick, and flu, i saw it at one of our local dealers today, they said it will run about $7200. i wasnt able to find it on their website but i picked up some literature on it while i was at the dealer today. i think its pretty neat.

2. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

at first i thought they were pretty cool too. the more i looked at it, it just seems a little to cookie-cutterish (is that a word?) to me. it's only offered in two colors.

3. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

It's made out of concrete retaining wall block and it gets delivered on a pallet. It defines the new word "cookie-cutterish"

4. leaflandscape

leaflandscape LawnSite Member

We're putting the Cordova (grey one) in our spring homeshow booth as an outdoor grilling feature area, so my opinion of these will be based strongly on return on investment for the booth. For the price of them, my guys can't reasonably build them competitively.

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I think they will look cool on a big paver patio. But the size of the patio better be realy big or the whole thing will look silly.

6. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

Have you got a link to see what you are talking about? I'm a big believer in using a masonry insert and then building the hearth and remaining body of the fireplace. Finally, constructing the stone facade. These masonry inserts (they include the firebox w/ fire brick, smoke chamber, flue) can be had for around 1500 dollars. Firerock is the masonry insert I like...here is a video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBy22PUSp-0&feature=related

Dunn Fireplace closeup.jpg

7. skidster32

skidster32 LawnSite Member

no i dont have a link..they didnt even have one on the website which is kind of odd.

8. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

The picture of the outdoor fireplace on the sixth post is one I built using the Firerock system. I looked at Isokern, but it was more expensive and I felt it was too fragile looking for my liking. This was my first ever fireplace and I thought it was pretty simple to put together...looking forward to doing another one. It does require 2 people to do some of the work. I'm in Central Alabama ... not sure what their sales area is.

9. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

The fireplace in the pic looks pretty close to the house. What's code down there?

10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have not done a fireplace yet, but $7000 and you still have to do the base and set it up? We do a lot of walls and pavers, I would think you could build it for less? Am I wrong?