New Flex Seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, May 18, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Dealer has my Hustler Super Z putting the new flex seat on, this takes the back slap out from what Hustler has told me. He ordered three and only one came in, they are either moving a lot or not building very many until they see how they are going to sell.

This mounts under the suspension seat and gives it a rocking chair motion, the flex forks with this seat set up should give a comfortable ride. It rode really good with the flex forks, I will see if there is an improvement.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

You should have mentioned that you were interested in getting one. I could have given you a deal. I put one on my S/Z and it a waste of money.

3. puppypaws

Tell me what it did or didn't do for the ride and do you have flex forks on the mower. If I don't like it my dealer will take it back no questions asked and he probably want keep them unless someone special orders one.

Are you going to take yours off or leave it on, tell Hustler if it is not worth the money. I know what the list price is what did you have to pay for yours?

4. lbostons

lbostons LawnSite Member

I was planning on putting the suspension seat and flex forks on my mini Z. Do you all recommend that, sounds like maybe not. I am not a huge fan of the stock seat that came on the mini Z.

5. puppypaws

The difference in the suspension seat and flex forks is like the difference in night and day. You will have a totally different machine when you add those parts, it will be like having a new mower that is much better than the one you have. I'll promise you will wonder how you ever got along without them.

6. lbostons

lbostons LawnSite Member

That is exactly what I was thinking. Now I just need to find out how much the neweat would cost.

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I paid $329.00 and I instaled it. It only has forward/back motion ( rocking chair ). I was at the dealer today and informed them of my thoughts. I'm taking it off the mower and selling all my spare parts and the S/Z. But first I have to replace another wheel motor or pump or maybe both, 4th time in 2040 hours.

8. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

I figured it was a recurring problem. I lost a wheel motor at 50 hours.....:hammerhead:

9. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

what parts do you have for sale?

10. puppypaws

You have the good suspension seat like I have on my 2006 model don't you? My up and down motion is fine and with the flex forks it rides really good, I thought the rocking chair motion may help a little. I will see and let you know what I think.