1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New flier help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ranger520, Aug 21, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

attacehed is a copy of the new flier I am working on. This is my first one. Please critisize and tell what changes need to be done. I value all your opinions.

2. dforbes

dforbes LawnSite Member

partime should be 2 words Part time. If you use black ink try puting it on colored paper. Maybe add a picture or clip art that demands attention. I've designed one that is trifold. It list both spring and fall services, and depending on how you fold it, it works for both spring and fall.
  3. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Thanks Dennis, I have a logo of a bear which is our town logo, I just have to get it form my Mac to my pc.
  4. jkelton

jkelton LawnSite Member

Definitely get a picture of a beautifuly landscaped property, even if it's not your own (make sure it's not your competition's work). Of course, a picture of a piece of property you already maintain would be much better. Color graphics would work best if feasible.
  5. turfmarketing

turfmarketing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I don't want to provide unsolicited advertising, but I do think your flyer needs some graphics. And you did ask for help. Pictures and graphics get attention, and if well done, add a sense of professionalism.
    We offer a free flyer review service and if interested, some inexpensive lawn care clip art at our turfmarketing.com website.
  6. Blowing clippings from...............

Blowing clippings off of.................
  7. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

The coupon at the bottom says that your prices are subject to haggling. Do you really want to let price be a sales tool?

I'm not saying yay or nay, just think about it. It's difficult to convince customers that your quality is top notch and then turn around and give discounts. I've always felt that discounts are for the guys who don't really have confidence in their work.

On the other hand, if you do really good work, ask to get paid for it. Make your quality the sales tool and not the price. I think that if you leave the coupon off, you'll get just as many calls as if you put the coupon on. But the quality of the customers that call will be higher.