New flyer - thank you Wells for the Template!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not really planning on distributing this as a flyer right now but rather hanging it in strategic locations with some business cards in a pouch attached to the bottom of the flyer. Once again, thanks to Wells for the template and the pics. I couldn't figure out a way to use the awesome pics he gave me in any other program but Word '07 so I tried to make it look as little like "word" as possible. Any comments, pointers, criticism would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Bluestem

Bluestem LawnSite Member

This is just my opinion, but I would change a couple things. I like the tagline, "You only get two days off a week, why spend one on your lawn?" I would make it into two sentences - "You only get two days off a week. Why spend one on your lawn?" On the business cards, you don't have the question mark on this line and you probably should. I would also line up the text in the "Services Include" section. You might want to lose one picture and put the two you like best on one side, and dedicate the other side to listing the services. Even if you use the same exact text and just make the font bigger, I think you will get a little cleaner look that way. Like I said, just my opinion. Good luck.

3. Ecoscape01

I will make the tag line two sentences. I know what ur sayin about lining up the services line. Unfortunately during creation, using the pictures made it really hard to add the text and that got screwed up and I can't seem to fix it. Thanks for the tips

4. Bluestem

Bluestem LawnSite Member

I tried to manipulate it a little bit - just to show you what I was saying. You're right - it is really hard to do that with the pictures!

Attached Files:

5. Ecoscape01

After you said it, I realized that the tag line is one complete thought and cannot be split up (except with a comma) if it is to remain grammatically correct. I.E. "You only get two days off a week" is not a complete sentence and thus grammatically incorrect without the second half to the sentence. About the lining up issue, it is almost undetectable after being printed out so I'm just gonna let it go.

6. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

"You only get two days off a week" -- is a complete sentence.

but it also is if you use a comma.
    a comma will do, thats what i would use.