New flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SSS 18734, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

What do you all think of this new flyer I made? Would it be effective for a 17 year old trying to get a few jobs? My main concern is that it might contain a bit too much text. What do you all think? The back is not completed yet, so any comments on that would be appraciated. Anything I should add or take out?

Thanks!
    -Sergei

Attached Files:

2. MTAYLORFFP

MTAYLORFFP LawnSite Member

Maybe a little wordy...

3. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I think it is a bit wordy as well. Here's an update. I decided to get rid of the back page and the "about myself" section. On the front I added a few lists instead of keeping it in a paragraph format to clean it up a bit, and took out a few things.

Attached Files:

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

That's definitely an improvement over the first one.

You might want to think about putting it in all bold and spacing things out a bit more, mabye cut down on it a bit more.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

make the phone number bigger and easier to find, you may also want to also go with black and white as it will make copying A LOT cheaper. You could still leave the graphics on there in that case.

6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't get rid of the back, thats where you should be listing all that stuff you do, thats where all the text should go.

Keep text to a absolute minimum (I know its hard to do) People have to be able to sumerize your flyer in seconds. Nobody is going to read all that text. 99% of your flyers go in the garbage without a 2nd glance, if you make your flyer proper with bold headlines that the eye will focuss on so they know what you're doing immediately, then maybe only 97% of your flyers end up in the trash without a 2nd glance. And thats a good thing. You see, if they are interested by a catchy front page then they want to read. and they can read the text on the back.

Are you going to print these yourself? or going to a printer?

I notice your filling up all the empty space you don't need to do that either and nobody wants to see your equipment but they want to see their lawns. Google/images lawn search. I get all my pics by googleing images. (even from other lawn companies).

Your flyer is shaping up but keep worknig on it, it takes me a good week to get my flyers in shape and as soon as they're printed I wish I would have made changes.

7. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry but it looks like a book... It's obvious you do yard work by the pictures and heading... The rest is a waste to most people.

They care what you do... and how to reach you... Frankly the rest is just taking up page...

All Clear

8. Mac_Cool

Mac_Cool LawnSite Member

I hate it.

Here is a guideline passed on to me by people who do marketing and design:

Type out your flyer, lay it on the floor at your feet, anything you can't read while standing up, delete.

I suggest finding a flyer from here:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT063469251033.aspx
    and modify it to fit your needs.

See attachment and preview pic of my favorite.

01042766.gif

Attached Files:

9. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

i love your quote.

10. mr mow

mr mow LawnSite Senior Member

you sound alittle bit desperate(Im not knocking you, we all want more jobs,but dont make make them feel obligated because of that).if youve done this for a while it will sound more confident. just my .000059cents