New Flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by acutabovelandscapinginc, Jan 18, 2007.

1. I am new to Lawnsite. Here is my new flyer for 07'. Please comment. Thanks in Advance

Todd

Attached Files:

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Ho hum.

Put a coupon on it. You need to understand the difference between advertizing and marketing. If you pass that flyer out it may be great advertising, but you'll be lucky to get a call or two off of it. If you ad a coupon, it becomes a marketing tool and will increase response.

3. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

i would have to agree with turfscape....i put a coupon on my flyers so it is a value to them and they have a reason to hang onto it

4. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Hey I am also working on new flyers and would like to know what kind of coupon would you put. Discount ,free mow or what?

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

This flyer looks similar to what "Billy" the neighborhood boy would use.

Talk to a design or printing company in your town and have something different made.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry, but it DOES look like a standard grocery store billboard flyer. It will blend right in with he garage sales and beanie babies ads.
    Get rid of the "We are a cut above your average landscapes" bit. that tells me you are mediocre - at best.
    Get rid of the "Give us a try"...That sounds like you are begging them for a "break".
    Change the "Quotes upon request." to Call for a free estimate - and get rid of your first name - besides there is a problem with the subject/verb agreement. You say give US a call, but then yo say "Todd".
    Get rid of the term "weeeed eating, and use the term trimming, like a pro...not the neighbor kid down the road.
    And you better make sure you are qualified, certified, insured and licensed before you put yourself out to to the public for doing WEED CONTROL.
    And last, get rid of not only all the redundant shouting at the end. Using exclamation points is one thing, but over and over again just becomes redundant.
    Other than that, you're alright. Good luck with it!:)

7. Thanks for all the good input. What types of coupons have you had the best luck with? I don't really like the free cut deal.

Thanks again
    Todd

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You can give a simple 10 or 20% off this margin, if quoted right, isn't going to hurt you. Another good idea is to give them something IF they purchase something. This is hard to do for us though, because we never know what we are getting into. For instance, we can't offer something that is always the same, because it is never "always the same" for us. A hairdresser can offer a free trim with any coloring, etc.. We can't offer many things like that, because say for instance,...a free edging. The first time we offer this, we are going to get corner house with full sidewalks that has 6" of sod on each side that needs to be taken off.
    Know that they will not present the coupon until AFTER you have given them the quote, so price accordingly. Hint: They probably wouldn't have called you unless they had your flyer.

9. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

o i just put i $10 off coupon on my flyer for any service that i offer