1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New for Oz : Super Z HD 26" wheels/Grammer Seat

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by LR3 Guy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

Got this yesterday : First batch from Hesston . Grammer seat , 26" tyres ( I put on the Deestones this morning ) and different engine orientation .
    Just cut some of the front lawn . My grass is NOT like Mickhippy's whatsoever . I've lived in Cairns , and that stuff is thick/lush/heavy , compared to the stuff 1100 miles south .
    The cut was on second highest ( uneven ground in many places ) , but it's the same as I got from the Kubota BX2360 54" MMM , so I'm happy.
    Quick ? Ridiculous ! This thing idles at the flat-out speed of a lawn tractor.
    The front run-flats are not standard , but the rep supplied them , since that's what we expected , and he kindly obliged :)
    It drinks fuel compared to the Kubota though.
    I've heard that due to our falling currency , the prices go up next month by 7.5% or so .

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

If you have any steep hills that you are mowing you may want to switch your drive tires. This will allow full traction in rev. up any nasty hills.
    Nice photo's, thanks!

Brian O
  3. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

so how do these super z HD's do on hills/banks?

they pull pretty good?
  4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

LR3, I live on the Gold Coast, not Cairns!
  5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget to do your 50 hour hydraulic oil change.
  6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is a fine looking machine, one I feel assured you will enjoy greatly. I can immediately tell there is a great deal of difference in your cutting area and Micks. You will not see even a small percentage of the problems he is forced to deal with. Please keep us informed on all your likes and dislikes (doubt there will be any) as you operate the mower over time. Go into LawnSite and post these photos along with your thoughts.
  7. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

How on earth do you get grass that dense and lush on 1500mm rainfall average ? We get 1850mm average on the Sunshine Coast , and a lot of the grass is rather scrappy up here at Mapleton.......... Neil :)
  8. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

I got 6 x 1 quart Mobile One 15w/50 from an Ebay distributor yesterday.
    That viscosity was only available in a 20 quart drum from retailers .......

The Hustler Dealer supplied me with an anti-scalp roller for the rear of the deck too. It was quite an experience to reverse up a pair of ramps in the garage to enable me to access the deck rear .
  9. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

With the Deestones , it can access nearly anywhere the Kubota BX could get in 4x4 . Obviously , reversing into a gentle-down-hill closed-off area , is required for a 2 wheel-drive Zero to then get out.This engine has serious grunt , but it's quiet too .
    Steep driveways don't even knock down it's speed .
  10. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Not entirely true Puppy. Id bet he'll be cutting very similar grass in similar conditions. He's only about 100km's from me if he's in Brisbane.
    Its dry at the moment and winter. Have to wait and see how it goes in summer!