1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New for Oz : Super Z HD 26" wheels/Grammer Seat

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by LR3 Guy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

This is my neighbour's new X-One that he got in June. There's a price war at the moment , but the wholesale is heading north real soon.

2. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

............. I'll get a Warn winch
    for getting out of tight spots Mick ;-) . Neighbour's X had to be pulled out of a
    seasonal stream bed that he ventured into for some inexplicable reason.
    I didn't even go down there with my BX when I cut his lawns during his vacation.
  3. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

For the Super Z HD USA model ( export FX1000 engine ) 60" with flex forks , semi-p fronts and a rear anti-scalp :
    price over here was USD13520 plus tax . What can you get this for Stateside 48 ex tax ?
  4. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

:cool2: Getting a nice cut with little choppiness whatsoever

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good mate!
    Heres one of mine from last week....

6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There is definitely no grass in his pictures that comes close to the thick matted look of your grasses, at least the grass you've shown in the videos. His grasses looks a great deal thinner and more upright, but pictures can be deceiving.
  7. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

Mick , is that Buffalo grass ? We had something like that in Tarragindi
    and it was really hard going with sooo much wet clippings.
    All the grass up here on the Blackall Range is cattle paddock mixes.

March 2013.jpg
  8. sdk1968

sdk1968 LawnSite Member

thats a pretty good picture of your hillside yard.... looks a lot like my inclines... you just have a much nicer place. :)

from everything you guys are posting it seems these new hyperdrive's are going up & down places that ate up the regular super z's....

thanks for sharing!
  9. Mickhippy

Im pretty sure I can see Kikuyu patches in his lawn, the lighter green in that little gully. Id bet theres Bermuda (Queensland blue couch among others) and other weedy grass too. Pretty much the same as me. His climate is the same as mine as well, turf types, weeds etc etc will be the same. Soils may be a little different but I bet its still clay based.
    Remember Puppy, like you, LR3 isnt a contractor, this is his own home so can mow how and when ever he likes, if its not too wet.

LR3, what happened to the Kubota? Was just looking at your old thread. I remembered seeing pics in it...

I'll be interested to see how you go once the season starts and the grass kicks on.
  10. Mickhippy

Up near the house, top right corner Sir Walter has been laid but the rest is just pasture type stuff. Carpet grass, couches (bermuda), some Kik etc etc. Its survival of the fittest in a given area you might say.
    Its the same everywhere, not many places have just one turf type unless its new and had something laid. Rare on acreage due to cost obviously.
    Most around here is ex dairy and Im guessing, like yours. Nothing gets planted, just mowed regrowth like what you have.
    Nothing special about any of it, shouldnt be this difficult to cut! Never used to be!

SDK, the hydros ARE awesome, theres no doubt about it!