New for Oz : Super Z HD 26" wheels/Grammer Seat

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by LR3 Guy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

That's a really good price, we have delivered some over there due to the huge price difference normally... That mower retails here for $14570 before the options you got, $12749 is promotional price (what most dealers charge). I have been known to blow one out $800 or so off that price. I would have expected your mower to be around $17000 over there...

2. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

When I got to hear of next week's price increase ( and another before Christmas , due to persistent currency changes ) I decided to jump in.
    My " wants list " very conveniently coincided with the new importation of 932160EX .
    Personally , I reckon 7.5% and then another 5% ( ? ) increase will take
    the wind right out of sales imho :cry:

3. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

I traded it on the Hustler . Never did buy a FEL , and no use for a rear mower , so it was a rather " one-use-MMM " acquisition . Put 2" wheel spacers on the rears because the wobble was giving me a Mohican-Cut , but it still suffered from the front wheels pivoting in the middle , as tractors do.
    After Walter got the X , I became convinced a Z was the way to go too.
    BX's have come down $3500 ( run-out ), the Super Z is down $3000 on my 2010 pricelist too . The loss on the trade was offset by the purchase , if I acted now . At the time I was concerned about traction , but after 3 years , that's not a real concern anymore . With turfs on that BX , it still wouldn't go anywhere non-flat without 4x4 engaged . If I reversed up an incline with it , the small front wheels would make deepish furrows with the weight vs traction , so I had to stop doing that or the lawn got ripples . TBH , I'm over small tractors as just mowers .

4. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

If property wasn't soooo expensive here , we'd have a shed full of American toys on left over cash , but that's not to be .:usflag:

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

It's going to take 10 U.S. quarts of fluid when you do your fluid and filter change for the hydro on a Super Z with Hyperdrive.

6. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

Thanks , I realised that 6 quarts wasn't going to cut it , so ordered another 6 pack . That's a big reservoir !

7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me know how much it cost to do the hydro service. Cost me upwards of $500, and I did it myself.

8. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

I got the Mobil One 15w/50 off Ebay ( Sydney importer )
    He's Aus$69.95 for a 6 by 1 quart pack plus delivery ; so about 160 for 11.4 litres . The filter is ......... wait for it :-( ........... 168 bucks , or less if you can get something off .
    So , Aus$330 for the hydro job ..........
    If you have to buy the 20 litre current Aussie size , it's Aus$300 . I don't have a use for so much , but you'd get through Mick :)

9. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

My neighbour hasn't been too happy with the grip on those turf 24x12x12
    that his X came with , so I gave him my unused 26x12x12 turfs from the Super Z Hyperdrive . I've also just changed ( photos to come ) my Ag tyres
    on the Super Z to R4 Industrial 26x12x12 ( from a Kubota BX back hoe )
    for more rubber on the ground .
    Here're Walter's bigger tires AND smaller clearance running 8 psi ;-/

001 (2).jpg

002 (2).jpg

004 (2).jpg

10. Realslowww

Realslowww LawnSite Bronze Member

How much better do the 26's grip over 24's and how much better do the Deerstone grip on steep hills or slick hills? Thanks.