New force blower issues!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrc lawncare, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Went with the new 9hp force blower this year, only had about 5-6 hrs on it as of yesterday. About 1pm, finishing up 3rd job of the day with the helper, fan starting making nasty noises & quickly had to shut it off. Didn't look like anything had been caught in it, so dropped off at dealer to check out. Dealer called after they checked it out, said that the fan was defective & a recall was in effect for all of the force blowers that are out there. Apparently a weld on the fan was not holding up & they are causing it to rub in the air chamber. He repaired it good enough for me to use(gotta love that) & they have a new one ordered, will be in next week. Just a heads up to anyone else that has them, get it checked while under warranty.

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Go little wonder :cool2: . Glad I didn't go with the force. As much as I like some B/G products I think little wonder has them topped when it comes to blowers.

Jeff

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I bought my second Little wonder 2 weeks ago. I looked at the force but dealer told me he doesnt carry the parts for subaru engines yet. I'm using the 8hp briggs and the 13hp honda. Did your guy balance the fan. Hope he did. I'd hate to see what it will do to your engine if its not. Good luck

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the 8 hp briggs. Not bad but I woulda bought the honda if I had the money. I can't imagin the 13 hp, id think it would be heavy as hell to move across lawns.

Jeff

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

It is heavey. I use the 8 hp on hills. The oil sensor on the honda shuts the engine off on some of the hills. I should unplug the yellow wire but its new and dont need the headaces if it blows up. I usually sick my guy on the 13hp. Thats why I have him. Any time a customer is watching me blow leaves into the woods with the 13 they usually come out after and comment on how strong it is with amazement

6. Nickcon404

Nickcon404 LawnSite Member

Same thing here. :cry: Happened at the end of a leaf job. I brought it to my dealer and they had a new fan over nighted and it was fixed the next morning. Other than that, so far its a good blower. The 9HP sure can move some leaves!

7. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

The Fradan is the best, awesome power, its even hydrostatic.

8. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Sure is a good blower, though. Love that 9hp.

9. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I will second that

Jason

10. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

my 13hp force is flat out awesome. But, I will be calling billygoat tomorrow a.m. to see about this recall.