New Ford LCF w/ SNG

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Jun 20, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Finally got our new maint. truck today. Got 2 drop boxes (one we'll add a top to for leaves/plants/chips. Other is for mulch and of course the maintenance body. Love the truck, so far too. Avg 15mpg today running up and down the highway for 300 miles @ 70mph. I'd expect it to do a little better at a slower speed, but since it was unloaded today I figured it'd get about the same loaded. Made my first delivery of mulch in it today too.. great for getting in a small area w/ a ton of mulch.

2. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

Nicw outfit!!!! Is that through the Ford dealer?
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow what a nice truck!!! what did the sng and the bodies run $ ? i was just over at looking at lcf thinking about throwing a sng on one.
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

One thing to keep in mind your going to be burning up steer tires every 19,000 miles or so. Cabovers are hard on tires I'am probably only get that out of the Bridgestone R250s on my 03 F-450 which runs the 225 rubber.

I was reading a LCF brochure today while waiting at Ford service dept. The LCF sounds like a decent truck.

You will definatly want a Detroit True Trac limited slip in the diff which is the OEM limited slip. Cabovers can get stuck fairly easy. If you get into somebodys yard you will be spinning in the dirt or mud. I seen guys with cabover GMC/Isuzu trucks throwing dirt from spinning tires.
  5. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice rig!!!! Good luck with it!!!!
  6. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Very nice rig. And I can attest to the getting stuck with a cabover. They will practically get stuck on wet grass.
  7. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

That's a beauty. What is the net capacity in tons and yards with that container? How is the dump angle?
  8. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How much does the sng lift system cost? Where did you get it done at? I have never seen the maintenance body on an SNG... that is genius.
  9. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

nice setup thats a real good idea
  10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

its a rather expensive option, but for me I think its going to be a good solution. The crew that will drive this truck only does small installs/mulching and does maintenance 3 days a week. They've been having to drag a trailer around all these tight neighborhood roads and we've been lucky so far that we've not torn something up.

I got the bed from a nice group in Va. PM me if you want their info, TThomas gave me their info the first time.

I'm not sure on the weight yet, I don't plan on hauling anything heavier than mulch with this truck anyways, we use of 750 for that stuff. I measured this morning and should be able to get 15 yds in there flush to the top so might mound some more over.