new form to sign?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Southern Pride Lawn, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Southern Pride Lawn

Southern Pride Lawn LawnSite Member

i have been thinking that last guy that stiffed me the $100 http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=114030 well he cost me one customer that was on his street, the other one i still have, they hate the guy. so now I'm out $40 ($1,900yr) a week from that job. I'm think of having all clients sign a do not slander form. if they do they get sued for no less that $1500. before court cost & lawyer fees. what u all think of this idea?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

1) It's not legally Slander when it is the persons opinion that your service work was not up to par. Slander is ONLY when someone tells to others a totally out right lie.

2) If I were a customer and you presented a "NO SLANDER FORM" to me it wouold set off all kinds of bells in my head that something is wrong here if this guy has to go to that extreme and I would not use your services.

3) TRUE Slander is suiable anyway, no need for anything in writing.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It's not really for me to say, but you don't really use a "Confederate flag" as part of your logo, do you?