1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Forum...Please

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by alwaysgreener, Jul 3, 2005.

1. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

I don’t know if you can do this but here goes. You have a “commercial lawn maintenance” forum but really you need two forums. Leave the “commercial lawn maintenance” forum but also include a forum for lawn care that are solo or are not seasoned in this business yet (I don’t want to do age but you know what I mean) The threads that get started sometimes should be in the 101 class not in the “commercial forum” If you had two forums it would stop some of the posts that are going around and maybe start getting some really good information and advice from the larger lawn & landscape businesses, such as new updates for your computer network or new state codes to post in your break room I can go on and on. This is a great site and can be a great tool. Thanks for reading this and I hope something can be done.
  2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

If you look down the page you will see we have a forum like you describe titled "Just Starting In Business..." But maybe we should move this forum up near the top so more people know it is an option and like you said we can avoid certain beginner-like posts that technically do not belong in the commercial forum. Let me see what I can do and thanks for you input.
  3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the reason people post in the commercial lawn maintenance forum is that they want answers, and since the commercial lawn maintenance forum get the most traffic, they post there. in the just starting in business forum, a lot of newbies post answers to questions that they have no experience in, thus misguiding the person, it happened to me when I was starting out, and I am sure still goes on. I think we should compile "lawn cutting 101", "landscaping 101", and "business strategies 101" into a couple of sticky threads for the newbies to view. the reason they are asking those questions, is that they cannot navigate the site properly and do a search. so let's do it for them, and post url's of the differant threads, everyone can contribute the ones that they thought were helpfull when they were just starting out.