New Forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

You might not believe this, but every time someone makes a suggestion for the site, I write it down and really take a long hard look at the possibilities. There are some suggestions that have been made quite some time ago that are just being put into effect now (hardscape forum, organic forum, etc...).

Unfortunately not every suggestion is seen or recorded. There was never really a place to post these ideas and for whatever reason not everyone elects to email me either. Therfore, like it states in the description of the forum, to ensure nothing gets lost in the shuffle anymore and all suggestions can be taken to heart, we have created this forum.

Got an idea? Shoot......

2. sprinkler guy

sprinkler guy LawnSite Member

Sean,

Has anyone asked you about a landscape lighting forum? With tremendous growth in the lighting business in the last few years, I'd have to believe many of the site members either do lighting or want to.

I'd be surprised if Frog Lights hasn't already asked for this. I'd also feel foolish if it's here on the site and I just haven't found it.

3. LawnScapes of P-Town

LawnScapes of P-Town LawnSite Member

I have always wanted this site to have a Items For Sale forum, or section that is specifecially for selling and buying items.

thanks,

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

we already have a forum for that.

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

sprinkler guy - perfect timing.... we did discuss this with Noel from Frog Lights. But it was not him who suggested it. After adding the hardscaping forum a lighting forum made perfect sense as well and it was just made the other day - just not made active. In fact I may even see if there is lighting pro on the site interested in only specifically moderating that forum. It should be on the homepage by now if it isn't already.

LawnScapes of P-Town - there is a forum like you described, further down the homepage and it is called "Equipment MarketPlace"...you can list items for sale but people cannot respond to the thread you start so it does not turn into a discussion. We leave it up to the members to take it from there and get more info about the item.

6. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

In the Equipment Marketplace how do we get more information about items?

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

your private message them. but I don't think you get pm privilages until you have a certain number of posts. I think it's 30, but I'm not sure.

8. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Oh ok I didnt know I dont know how many I have yet how do i see that

9. sprinkler guy

10. sprinkler guy