New Forum

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckwk, Jan 27, 2004.

1. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

how many forums should a forum have?
  3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

The more the better...I've learned TONS of stuff at this site.
  4. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Just the ones that are needed or wanted/requested by lots of people.... I think the members take advantage of all the forum categories and for the most part keep the their discussions in the appropriate forum.

Do you have any suggestions? If you think there are to many.... how would you do it? Which ones would you get rid of or condense ?
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Are you hiring?
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

cross poster!!! :)

i like the idea of the employment forum. with such a huge membership it could be effective.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

When the hell is enough enough on forums??? This falls under 'elements of business'. Searching high and low on here now is becoming to much.
  8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I tend to agree a little with 65Hoss. It is getting to be quite a lot of forums around here. I guess if I were running things I'd probably only keep the top 5 or 10 most used forums and gut the rest. Then I'd leave the off-topic forum or Elements of Business forum for everything that used to go into one of these micro-forums.
  9. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, things are getting too spread out. Certain threads might get the attention they need, because the audience isn't there.

Did you understand that?

If any thing, maybe an all topic forum, that all threads go to to be viewed, but you can only post in the other forums.
  10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Great idea! Thanks!! :)