New Four-Cycle equipment i.e. Leaf Blowers \ Weed Eaters ect

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DanielC, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DanielC

DanielC LawnSite Member

Is there any advice or comments about some of the newer four-cycle engines in use on some of the leaf blowers and weed eaters available now.

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Weedeater is a name brand, you probably ment to say trimmer. (sorry, pet peeve)

What is it you want to know? Some are junk and some are good.

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

What would you like to know?

4. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

I've got one of the Troy-Bilt (really MTD) 4 stroke trimmers. The motor is fine, but it's kinda loud, and not real strong. The head on the trimmer is crap. Overall, I'd have to say it's right about 1/2 the trimmer my Echo is.

5. mowtivations lawncare

mowtivations lawncare LawnSite Member

lol you probably MENT meant...sorry pet peeve.

6. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have Troy Bilt TB475 4 cycle trimmer. The motor is very good, start with 2 pull even sit around for weeks. I have no commercial trimmer to compare, I use it pretty rough. I wack weeds, big small, you can hear it labor over thick stems and I just keep pushing. I like the idea of separate oil so I don't have to worry of what oil and ratio. It is not easy to change the line usually it went in and have to take it apart.

I have a new Shindaiwa C4 EB3410 blower. Don't start as easy as the Troy Bilt. It is a mix oil and gas. I prefer separate oil. Response is not that fast not that it is important. Very quiet and the tone is low. I like it. I am buying a new trimmer because I want a new one!!!! Told my wife the Troy Bilt is broken!!!! ....hey....is my toy!!! had the Troy Bilt for 4 years, don't seems to want to die any time soon!
    I have done a lot of research on 4 cycle trimmer. Honda sounds good but heavy. Stihl 4 Mix I see people get very emotional about them, either like or dislike. Sounds like it need to be taken care of to serve you well. Robin Makita have a 24 cc trimmer that I have not hear anything bad from people except hard to buy. Ryobi is pretty much same as Troy Bilt. That pretty much cover the populars ones. Last Husqvarna 324 trimmer/ combo uses Honda GX25 24.5cc engine. Honda engine use timing belt that bug me. So go figure.

7. saw man

from utah

HAHAHA Nice!! No come back here.

8. saw man

from utah

Your car most likely has a timing belt, does that bug you?

If I had to buy one (that was seperate oil and gas) I would go with the Honda HHT35. It is not much heavier than the 25 with a lot more power. Plus, it can be had for about the same cost as the Husky with the 25cc Honda engine.

9. mowtivations lawncare

mowtivations lawncare LawnSite Member

lol i was just joking

10. saw man

from utah

I got a good laugh out of it! I am surprised you didn't hear my Homer "DOH"
    I think I yelled it loud enough! haha