New Fradan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jpmako, Nov 3, 2005.

1. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I tested it out for about 10 minutes, and HOLY COW this thing can move some leaves.
    I spoke with one of the owners of the company on the phone and he claims it puts out around 4500 cfm. I had to have it so I bought it, I used it all day today and I would say it is about as powerful as two little wonder 9hp. The beauty is you don't have to push it, Is Hydro. It has 18 hp, there is a non self propelled version with a 16 HP Vanguard. I almost bought that one instead but for $400 more I am not gonna push a blower anymore.

The 16 HP Magnum Series is about twice as powerful as my Little wonder and It seems to roll easier to. I believe it was like $1400.00

Jason

fradan2.jpg

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice...best of luck with it too.

3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a front view of the machine

fradan1.jpg

4. carlriv

carlriv LawnSite Member
    from Mass

It is very nice... I have one too. Just be careful on hills it is very topheavy. I am ordering an extra wheel for the front right so it does not flip.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Was just thinking...18 hp is gonna burn some fuel for sure. But who cares LOL since it is self-propelled???

6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i saw a picture of that at my dealer but i never looked into. If i new it was hydro I would of hoped right on it for that price. My 9hp little wonder was 1200. I could of got twice the machine for 200 bucks more. Looks like a awesome machine. Good luck with it.

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

J,

does that mean your 18 hydro set you back $1800?

8. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Lets get a pic of that thing blowing some leaves. Local dealership they want almost 2500 for the self propelled and around 2000 for the push one. Sweet blower man.

9. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 LawnSite Member

For some reason, I have seen more than 2 so far that have burned up, something to do with a gas leak. Also, you got it for a steal, when I priced them they were $2,300

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a giant vac hydro with a 16HP Kohler, it is a monster.

My only complaint is that the hydro only gives forward and reverse, no control for steering.

Because the blower in so strong, it is always trying to take a right turn because of the thrust, and you have to fight it the whole time to go straight.