1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New from Kansas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CurbAppealKS, Apr 3, 2013.

1. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, I just started doing business in March. I have been in the industry for around 5 years. I decided I wanted to go on my own, so I purchased an existing company in Wellington, Kansas. I hope for a good spring/first year.
    What do you think of our logo?

photo.jpg

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good! Do you just work in Wellington or do you travel some too?

3. CurbAppealKS

At the moment I am trying to focus solely on my existing customers. The previous owner of my company only offered mowing. I plan to offer full maintenance as well as fert/squirt, light landscaping work, and irrigation service. I have experience in all of those fields. I just lack the equipment to go full service at the moment. All of my customers are in the Wellington area, with exception of two.

4. K9moose82

K9moose82 LawnSite Member

Looks good. Good Luck. Things are getting started late this year.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

what up wellington...seems to be quite a few kansans on here...i'm sure you are aware of this but do you have all the info you need as far as the license goes for fert/squirt? and yes, i agree, things are definitely later this year, that last snow pushed things back for sure, but it's turning around real quick..good luck this year, focusing on your current customers is a great idea, don't try to get big too quick

6. CurbAppealKS

Yeah I already have my applicator's license. I'm working on getting my pesticide business license as we speak. Where are you from jbell?

7. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

lawrence...yeah, we just renewed our pest. license