new from stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACA L&L, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

went by my dealer this week and he showed me an attachment for the (weed eater)multi tool. It is actually a blower attachment that attaches to the the tool. in short It makes the weed eater a blower. I seached stihls web site and couldnt find it. Any way it looked cool but not sumin we would be able to use. Anyone else see this or here about it?

2. TOOLSHACK

TOOLSHACK LawnSite Member

I haven't seen the Stihl attachment that you have described, but I have seen a similar one many years ago made by Ryobi...now marketed as a Troy-Built. honestly, it's a pretty ridiculous idea. They don't move much air and, therefore, don't make a good blower. This attachment is just another gimmick designed to get into Joe Homeowners wallet ;-)

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

got any pics?

4. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

So let me get this straight -

You are blowing while trimming? Wouldnt this make it kinda hard to trim when you are blowing it down?

haha This has been out before as others have mentioned. Last one I believe was marketed by Sears. POS I am surprised that Stihl would even try something like that.

5. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

My dad bought one about 10 years ago or so. For home use. I told him he was nuts then. LOL...

He was a tool junky. I got the same problem. Still got it somewhere. Ryobi I think.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

they have been around for years

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

They may have been around for years but never have i seen one put out by stihl. Its an "attachment" you have to remove a tool to put this tool on and then use it. I never said WOW check this out. Its just one of those things that makes u go huh.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Its for that one happy homeowner who impresses his neighbors every saturday with his all in one tool. I remember using ryobi back in the day and even as a kid, I would have never wasted the money on them. Ryobi used to have a weedeater, edger, blower, snow blower, and more I think. I used the ryobi weedeater with the edger attachment and always liked that while I was just runnin around the neighborhood.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

True...a long time

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sears had a version of this where you took the trimmer off and put on the blower itworked fine we used it when we started. Handheld blowers weren't invented yet....got first Sanpper hand held blower and it was dud.