New Front Plow/Back Plow Combo

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Kent Lawns, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

For those who want the advantages of a back dragging plow with buying/building a rear plow:

The new Hiniker C-Plow "covertable" switches from conventional front plow to back-dragger with the flip of a switch.

--Thought some would like to know--

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

After what John Parker of Ny Snow Pros has to say. I wouldn't touch a hiniker plow.

Geoff

3. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I guess they should have named them Hinkey plows

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

i haven't sean a picture of this plow, so this statement has no realy fact behind it.

I just think that when you design a plow, to do do different jobs, there may be too many moving parts, and too many weak links in the design. Thus resulting in more breakdowns. This is pure opinion, not a fact by any mean.

Geoff

5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Arctic (based in Ontario) makes a pull plow we're going to check out tomorrow or friday. Since we're emphasizing full-service to our residentials next season, we expect to have more driveways to plow. Other than seeing it on their website I know nothing about Arctic pull plows...we are curious though. Daniels doesn't have a website I guess, and I haven't heard of them up here in Canada.

Dave

6. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

some how i posted on the wrong thread if you go to big snow little snow u can read my opinion on Winkydink i mean Heniker plows

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

danielsplows.com

8. Ed Altheide

Ed Altheide LawnSite Member
    from IA

This web site lists a complete line of pull plows
    manufactured by http://www.snowmansnowplow.com. Check it out and let me know what you think?

Some features: only spring trip pull plow, exclusive high lift, easy receiver hitch hook-up, power down, straight or angle blades.

9. Alan

Alan Member

I saw a brochure on the Hiniker C plow. Looks to me like you could tear hell out of it if you snagged something while backing up. Also there not a lot of room under the wishbone and the part of the plow that doesn't flip-flo to carry much snow. That and the foine endorsement from John Parker makes it real easy for me to stay away from Hiniker.

10. snow

snow Guest

from what i hear, the forks bend easily, the mounting of them isn't too great and the c-plow looks like it wouldn't see one season on use.

<b>Ed Altheide</b>- welcome to the forum. it's nice to finally have someone involved with making snowplows. one of my friends is a distributor for them. just wondering why in your ads you show them pulling gravel?

bryan