New FS-90!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeylikesit5805, Apr 20, 2008.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

hey guys just bought a fs-90, i love stihl and all their products, but this one does not seem to run all the great, almost like its not getting enough gas, has anyone experienced this. I was thinking there might be a break in period but i dont know. what do you guys think?

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

uh oh. 4 mix problems. Yungman you better jump in. :laugh::dizzy:

I had a 110 a while ago and it ran fine from day one. You might need to bring it back and make sure it was set up correctly and the valves and working right.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

MY FS 90 dose not run as good as my 110 at all

4. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

Have the exact same problem. Hard to start and takes 15 seconds to get going. I'll take it in and they'll make their adjustment on it.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

It seems like the 90s have more problems than the 110s. Take it back and get a 80 2 cycle or get a 110.

6. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

wow, you guys respond fast, haha. i dont really want to spend more money and the 80 and the 90 were both 300.00 so maybe i'll just get the 80 now, im prolly going to go in tomm so let me know what you think.. thanks guys i really appreciate it.

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Yea I got a fleet of Sthil and I only have problems with the 90

Had to put new rings in it after a year...

MAke sure u check out the ohio Thread

8. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

The 80's aren't available in all areas of the US as some of the Stihl distributors don't carry it anymore. There's a good chance after this year it will be going away for good anyways cause it doesn't pass EPA standards and eats up their credits. Interesting about seeing trouble from the 90's. We have more 130's in our shop at any given time than 90's and 110's.

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Neah, I have enough for one day!!!! You want to take over??:laughing::laughing::laughing:

10. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

I love my FS90... It's a different sound and feel that took some getting used to, and it does take a second to come up to full speed... have you had a chance to use it yet? or what are you basing this on?