New full timer, Questions Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Dec 1, 2004.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I will be going full time into mowing and lawn care next year. I have about 40 regulars and have carried insurance for years. Most are town houses running about $20.00 per cut. 1/4 acre lots about $25-$30. Is this too low for full time? I have the truck and trailer, 36 and 48 walk behinds 21" push and trimmers etc. What should I aim for in terms of how many jobs a day or daily reciepts. I can't go for a rider yet. Also I plan to power wash decks etc. I have the machine but really don't know what to charge. I was thinking $50.00 an hour for man and a machine, sound right?

2. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

I am by no means an expert in the pricing department. But 1/4 acre for $20.00
    giving it away or what.You say you got the bigger mower and all,just cause it gets you out of a big lawn faster than 21",you still have a peice of equipment that is wearing out needs maintence so on and so on. With mowing i try to but not always go by the 1 DOLLAR A MINUTE THEORY. but sometimes thats not enough.I do a 1/4 acre and i feel its worth more than $45.00 a cut (weekly).As for the $50 an hr I would apply that to other jobs like pruning mulch installs,what i'm getting at is don't feel bad to charge some good money for the lawn cuts eaven if your equipment gets you down the road quicker than that dollar a minute deal. Do a search on dollar a minute thing one of the guys on here has it down to a T.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

To do a 1/4 acre house here takes about 10-15 minutes for 2 people. Figure your price that way.

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

There are many, many threads on this topic. Do a search for "pricing" or "job pricing" and you will have more to read than you probably care to.

5. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

We don't drop the gate for less then $35 regardless of how small it is.