New Fusion blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerman90, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know I'm going to get flamed with replys of disbelief but this is the truth. My dealer told me to try Hustlers new Fusion blades for my Super Z and I bought a new set on June 9th, 2005. Today, July 20, I sharpened them for the first time. And guess what? They really didn't need to be sharpened! By my estimate these blades have cut well over 350 lawns of 1/4 to 1/2 acre in size since June 9th. These things are unbelievable. I mow nothing but irrigated St Augustine turf so that explains some of the longevety. My dealer told me the other day that maybe he shouldn't sell them anymore for fear of loosing repeat blade business. Keep up the good work Hustler!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Good to hear, very similar results in our testing and from what we are hearing from the end users out there.

Pj

3. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

pj, i just got the super z 60/27 and asked about the furion blades...one ee said they have to be ordered...fine, i said...how about some regular blades or mulching blades...said they were out...i said fine...question is, is there anywhere that i can order some blades...i like to have several sets so i don't have to sharpen them on the spot when i change blades...i just picked the mower up this past fri...awesome machine...

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your dealer is who we suggest you buy your blades from.
    Of course everyone can not always do that, I have seen several aftermarket companies selling blades for our mowers.
    On the other hand, they may not necessarily be the right blades, with our recent deck changes and blade changes I am not sure you will get the right blades from a aftermarket source.

Pj

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

One question . Are there new Gator blades for the new deck change setup?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes.
    The part # for the Gator blade (flat) for the 60" deck is 794859.

Pj

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there a pic of these new fusion blads around?

I want to see the sail, so front and an end shot would be great.

I'm looking for a blade that can chop clippings down to a reduced size, and have enough velocity to clear the deck well. Standard hightlifts that cut and discharge just don't fit what I'm trying to achieve.

Mulch blades can clag up....

So....curious to see what these fusions look like, they just may fit the bill.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I do not have any pics of the Fusion blades.
    I will ask around to see what I can get.

Pj

9. Winsurfer76

Winsurfer76 LawnSite Member

PJ,

Are the Fusion blades available for the Fastrak?

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes,
    Only for the 44" and 52" models.