New GAL, be nice!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sistabelle, Jan 21, 2010.

1. sistabelle

sistabelle LawnSite Member

Hi you guys!
    My husband and I are retiring from our jobs of many years and want to start a lawncare business. WE both love being and working outside. I have read many of the threads and realized I really do need to ask you about the name I was considering. I saw on one post a name was called "immature". SO, not wanting to sound immature or unprofessional, I thought it best to ask you what you think of the name I came up with. ugh.......... Our last name is Bell. Wanting to have something catchy and memorable, I thought of..... "Ring My Bell LAwn Care". Then have a bell design in the logo. Well??? Cute or dumb dumb dumb???
  2. T-Made

T-Made LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

My personal opinion-- use that as your in your slogan.
  3. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

I think its catchy....not sure if your setting yourself up for a bunch of sexual inuendos???

Our last name is our name is Son of a Gun

I like your name......if you guys like it go with it.....just make sure you can build a marketing plan around it
  4. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I agree to use that as a slogan and not a name. I would recommend simply Bell’s lawn care or something to the affect because your name starts with a b…..if you decided to advertise in the phone book your name would be close to the top because of alphabetical order.

I like the slogan though
  5. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Bell Lawns (LLC, Inc.)
  6. Jim Bo

Jim Bo LawnSite Member

If I was a regular customer it would stick in my head. Free advice buy the domain name today.
    Jim Bo
  7. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Yep forgot about that freebie. The world is moving fast and someone might grab it
  8. lawnjocky

lawnjocky LawnSite Member

Be careful how you include a bell image in your logo/name, you don't want anyone to glance at it and think you're with the phone company:)

As for your name I agree with others that it sounds better as a logo than a company name.
  9. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

Or BELL, with Equipped Lawn Landscaping under it. Then draw the Bell around it.
  10. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

keep it simple. ring my bell as a sexual conotation to it, and is also confusing in general on what the business is