1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New gas cans

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, May 31, 2007.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I was at Home Depot in Wichita today and found some different gas cans. They are "ventless" but have a vented spout. Kinda neat. Haven't got a chance to try them out yet, will tomorrow. Got a 1 gal for 2 cyc. mix, and a 2.5 gal. for reg. gas for the 21" and 33" mowers.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea I seen those last week when I was there...didn't have time to fully check them out...... But I need a 2.5 gal for mix.....

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

4. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

I have a 5 gallon one, it's not bad but it takes a bit for it to vent it self.. your better off buying one with its own separate vent.. Just my 2 cents
  5. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Do they have a cap for the spout so you don't have to remove it and stick it back in the can after each use? I hate doing that!:realmad:
  6. KS_Grasscutter

Yea, but they dont stay on very good at all.
  7. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

They are BY FAR the most pathetic peice of crap I'v ever used.... 20 min. later I might have my walker full of fuel... They take forever, Dont even vent by themself unless you only have it tipped up half way... I hate them and dont recommend them at all... In fact, I'm buying a used gas cans now... Cause I cant find anything but these garbage gas cans anywhere... Stick to the old style if you can
  8. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Triple L shares the same frustration as I do about these vent-less piece of sh!t gas cans. I had a 6 gal up until last week for about 2 days and gave it to the neighbor.:laugh: :laugh:
  9. KS_Grasscutter

The problem is I dont have ANY old style cans :(:(. Just got a copule Briggs and Stratton cans, 2 Midwest 5 gal cans, a copule POS Blitz ventless cans, and this. Wish I could find some old style ones :( Guess I will have to start hitting garage sales and stuff to find some old, good cans.
  10. Andyshine77

Andyshine77 LawnSite Member