1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Gator Blade?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Terra-Turf, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Terra-Turf

Terra-Turf LawnSite Member

PJ, is there any chance of Hustler introducing a new gator type mulching blade that is similar to the fusion blades? I see a night and day difference in the length of time my fusion blades last compared to the plane gator blades.:eek: Id like to see the same performance from all the blades.

Does anyone know if Oregon makes a fusion type gator blade which can be used on a Mini Z? For some reason Oregon doesnÂ’t have replacement blades listed for Hustler equipment. I looked on the site to see if I could find a match using the dimensions of the Hustler blade but its somewhat difficult to determine what blades are the actual fusion blades.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will ask around and see what I can find out.

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Have you checked under the brand Excel? This may or may not help,

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, The gator blades are the softest blades I've ever used and don't hold and edge. I'm testing some blades that are supposed to made for John Deere stuff, and they are very hard.
  5. Terra-Turf

Terra-Turf LawnSite Member

You were right. I didnt even know Hustler had a parent company. Oh well, at least I know what to look for now. It appears Oregon does have what im looking for but I had to contact a sales rep to get part numbers etc..