New gator products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Apr 1, 2001.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen our used the new Gator products as seen in the March Pro Mag. add? ie the blades and trimmer line. If so where can one get the product and is it any good. Thanks

2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Can anyone tell me where I can order Gator Magnums to fit a M665 Deere ztr, I haven't seen them listed in any catalogs. Thanks

3. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

lee what sizw deck you have? I have a jd ztr 54"

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Lee,

I could not find Gator Magnums listed for my Gravely mower deck either.

Ends up I measured the blade length and bolt hole size, confirmed it with the stock blade dimensions listed in the parts manual and a few other catalogs, and that is how I came up with a Gator part #.

As a precaution I went to the dealer and told him what mower I had and he came up with the same part number. 2 days later he gave me the blades I needed.

I hope this helped.
    Mark

5. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

It's the 60" deck, the blades are so much thicker than most and uses a 3/4" bolt, I've never seen any blades quite like them.

6. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Lee,

From what you have said, and this is only a guess, I would think that Gator Blades that are 20 1/2" long with a hole size of .910 should work.

3/4" bolt hole divided into 12" is .90 in size...
    .300 thickness is about 1/4" thick.

Ask about part # 231776 as listed in the Landscapers Supply Catalog.

Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about... But for some reason I tend to be right occasionally. Heck, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Let me know if this helps...
    Mark

7. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Chopper

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

lee,
    My dealer told me just last week that Gators are not yet avail. for the 665 60" deck.:)

9. jws3

jws3 LawnSite Member

3/4 of an inch is .75 not .90, it would only work with a bushing. Blade bolt clearance holes run pretty close, if they weren't the blade would be off center and out of balance to the spindle.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Gator Magnum part number for Gravely 60" decks is 90-724. This blade fits a whole bunch of 60" decks including Dixie Choppers. The thickness is .250, it is 20.5 long and has a 5/8 hole.