New girl on the block..!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chickie- Weed, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Chickie- Weed

Chickie- Weed LawnSite Member

Hi everyone.... Just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself..!! I found this site while I was trying to find some information on different backpack blowers I am interested in buying.... trying to find out as much information as possible before I bought one.. I have truley enjoyed what everyone has wriiten and have found out soo much thru reading different threads here..!! now about me.. I have been doing mainly driveways .. grading and speading crush and run gravel the last few years .. I also do brush mowing and I have a few regular lawns I do too.. I own a Ford 3610 tracter with a Woods Brush mower... a Woods finish mower..scrapes ..plows and a disc..!! and yes I change all the attachments myself alone..LOL. ..!!...I'm not big into the business as alot of you are.. I mainly do a few jobs on a weekly basis thru out the year to earn a little extra money along with doing part time work as an electricians helper for a friend a few days a week... guess you could say I'm not yer average girl..;) .. LOL.. I also own 3.5 acres on a mountain ridge that keeps me very busy trying to get it into shape as the previous owners let everything grow up..!! hence is why I have been trying to find as much information on backpack blowers as my hand held Echo isn't doing the job..plus it's killing me..!! I have tons of leaves EVERY where..!! I am leaning towards buying the Redmax ebz8001... but not 100% on that yet..!! thanks for the wonderful site and all the information.. !! :waving:

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site!

There's a wealth of information and opinions availabe on here about pretty much everything. Blowers are probably the 2nd most discussed item... Do some searching around with the search feature. I gurantee that as soon as you think you like one someone will convince you to like another, and then another... I think with the bigger BP blowers it comes down to dealers in the area and then personal fit and preference.

Best of luck!

3. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

welcome pretty much anything you want to know you can search on here and find out

4. gardener

gardener LawnSite Member

you have made a good first choice, the red max 8001 is a great commercial blower, i have a 7000 and has given me 5 years of great service. always look at commercial products and dealer service first, price is a secondary concern. your large box stores have that sweet price but it's a consumer product not commercial.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to LS and like Jason said, there is a wealth of info on here ( and a lot of BS too)! The Redmax is the blower of choice on here but I have never used one but it seems to be the most popular. Dealer support is still the most important thing though no matter what you purchase.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

welcome have fun :clapping:

7. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

Welcome Chickie-Weed, I recommend the Stihl BR600 backpack blower. It's comfortable, powerful and costs $479.

8. Pepler's Lawncare

Pepler's Lawncare LawnSite Member

EBZ 8000 the best...i own a stihl too but it doesnt even compare...the redmax ebz8000 goes for around 500 bucks well worth the money...puts the stihl to shame..

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Sthil BR600 all the way. I wouldn't use anything else besides sthil.

10. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

welcome we love to fight over whats the most powerful most reliable blower ,1 million posts and counting .I will go with br 600 as my first blower .whats that bus trying to do with that tractor ? nevermind .