New girl on the block..!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chickie- Weed, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Chickie- Weed

Chickie- Weed LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the well wishes.. I have learned soo much here..!! about the bus.. that was a terrible accident that THANK God no one was seriously injured or killed.. we were towing the bus a short distnace with my tractor.. and we went over a VERY VERY small crest of a hill.. the bus picked up speed and ran up on top of the tractor..( the bus was used for storage no brakes or engine) my SO was almost crushed ..!! and my son who had been sitting on the fender like 3 minutes before this happened.. would certainly have beeen killed .. as it was smashed to nothing ..!! but a strange feeling came over me and I had him get off the tractor and get in the bus with me... ( another wonderful reason to ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling ) ... ya just NEVER know when something freak like this will happen.. what an experiance for sure... cost almost $500.00 bucks to have a crane come in a lift the bus off my tractor.. and too think I wanted to be a school bus driver.. LOL.. I'm sure that picture would look good in my resume..!! LOL..

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to the site......glad to see a fellow virginian here

3. thebobcatkid86

thebobcatkid86 LawnSite Member

Hello and welcome. I as well am a fellow newbie. Sorry about the tractor, as far as the blower goes I would have to go with Stihl as well. I personally own a BR340 which I would have to highly recommend. Especially if you dont need all the power of the 600. Either way I would give a good look at Stihl. Just to give you an idea... a couple of years ago I left half a tank of gas in my BR340 over the winter. 5 months without starting. I went to start it in April of that year... started on the second pull!
  4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

welcome my friend!:waving:
  5. F.S Lawn Care

F.S Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Finally a good old Virginian
  6. wacaweed

wacaweed LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site you will have all the info and sugestions you ever wanted right here. Joe
  7. Magic Touch Lawn Service

Magic Touch Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Hey there I am from Culpeper! Whats Up?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome,stay with a small or medium size back pack they do fine the big ones get heavy,like we bought a redmax 5000 itz fine the 8000 are super heavy.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to me like "chickie weed" checked out of this place long ago.... 6 posts since janurary, and like 4 of them were on this thread!

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

Don't Laugh,, I Got Some Of My Equipment At Local Pawn Shops For About Half The Price,, As Long U Have The Right Gas/oil Mixture It Will Run A Long Time,, Replace Filter's,, Plug's Just Regular Maintance,, Most Of My Equip Is Echo,, Edger,, Trimmer , Hand Held Blower,, But Been Lookin For A Backpack Type,, Just Don't Know Which Model As Of Yet !!!! Good Luck On Which One U Get,,,,