New GMC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ElephantNest, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

My Silverado is too small to pull my new camper, so I had to get something better.

2002 GMC 2500HD 6.0 ltr/ 4:10, Allison tranny, SLE package, everything but leather and DVD and 6 disc changer. Cd, tape, bucket seats, 6 way power seats, killer sound system, Line-X bed liner, towing package, etc.

39,000 miles, turned in from a lease......$20,000 with 5 year/ 40,000 mile extended warranty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Not bad EN, for a GM....

Shoulda got a Cummins!

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Why cause you just bought one?

Elephantnest,

Nice truck, sounds like a good deal and a warranty to boot.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet looking truck...Enjoy it.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Of course :waving:
    I'd never had the privilege to ride in or drive a Cummins until I test drove mine. Wow... I've ridden in several Chevy 2500's with 6.0's but I love a diesel! I've driven a few other diesels but they don't feel like a Cummins either.

The 2500 6.0 is a nice truck though, and I think thats a great looking one too! But your still not going to see the better side of 14 or 15 mpg on the highway empty... I know diesels aren't for everyone, just bustin ya a little :)

6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I give it to you that a cummins is a nice engine with a lot of power, but wait until you replace the tranny two or three times. The allison tranny is bulletproof, great price too.

7. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Sweet looking truck EN! Congrats! That seems like a really good deal as well especially with a warranty.

Buck

8. John P.

John P. LawnSite Senior Member

You will love the dodge until you have to drop a new trans in there or for that mater a few trans.

9. FrankLandscaping

FrankLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hate to break it to you, but you don't have an allison tranny if you have the 6.0 ltr gas engine.

Frank

10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Nice truck elephant.

nice weather too! my truck is covered in salt, way too cold to run the frozen hose. good luck with it.