New Google Search

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Turf Troll, May 20, 2007.

1. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Well it seems Wednesday Google search is changing,

I don't think I'm going to like this, below is an excerpt and below that the link to the article,

Universal Search means that standard Google searches will draw results from separate properties covering books, local information, images, news, and video, said Marissa Mayer, vice president of search and user experience.

"It's breaking down the silos of information that have been built up. It's a broad, long-term vision that will unfold over the next few years," Mayer said. "We are really excited about what Universal Search could evolve to in the future."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/17/google.search.reut/index.html

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing about Google, they are into making money.

Basically, what I glean from the article, is not a genuine goal to improve results for users.

It seems clear that they are setting up a system that makes more people pay for advertising placement.

So far, they have been stuffing a lot of search results in top place, with nobody paying for those - not paying them.

So the changes they mentioned, indicate the need for more companies to pay to get those "relevant ads" placed on the page.

3. Free411

Free411 Banned
    from NY

It has been doing that for some time for some search phrases and sometimes it does seem useful. For instance google for foot reflexology and you will see some image results at the top of the regular search results.