"New" Grasshopper Contour Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ThomasLC, Jun 16, 2013.

1. ThomasLC

ThomasLC LawnSite Member

I have always ran high lift or extreme high lift blades on my Grasshopper 428D. I was just looking at ordering a few new sets and saw that they are now offering Contour blades. Grasshopper's website states "Leaves the most manicured look in high-profile areas that are mowed regularly". Just wanting to know if anyone has any experience with these blades and do they leave a better cut than the high lifts?

2. catpride22

catpride22 LawnSite Member

Looks just like the blade on my x500 John Deere great blade in well i guess no situations, and the grasshopper web site kinda said the same thing,they say it works good in dry sparse grass conditions.

3. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

They are not new... I've been using them for about 3 years. They are awesome but I think they leave the same cut as high lifts. I put them on when grass is at its thickest. The high lifts tend to create a lot of buildup on the deck and the contours are basically a medium lift with a longer cutting edge. They were designed to cut Bahaia grass and to be used in sandy conditions. I also use them with the mulch kit also.
    Posted via Mobile Device