New Grasshopper mid-mount Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinger, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

Grasshopper has introduced a mid mount unit with 52&quot; to 72&quot; decks and the choice of a gas powered Kohler or liquid cooled diesel engine.<br>Dixie Chopper is the only manafacturer I know of that offers Diesel on a mid mount ZTR. Furthermore the diesel model is not even listed on their web site yet? So I cought wind of this in a hopper ad shown in July's issue of Lawn&Landscape mag. Has anyone seen or tested these units at any of the expos lately? Does anybody know price etc,etc? My local dealer is expecting one any day now but has no info.

2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw an eXmark with a diesel motor at the expo last weekend. It seamed to be leaking some oil.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

What Diesel engine did the Exmark have?

4. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

Bobcat zt200 will have a three cylinder yanmar diesel in them next year

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Yanmar diesel is a good engine. I have one in my new Dixie Chopper and also in my old JD 430 tractor. They both have been trouble free and have lots of power and torque.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://elmlawnsite.com/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

6. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

My local dealer(Grasshopper+eXmark) has a grasshopper mid with a diesel out front for sale $8900. exmark diesel coming soon.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Eric, how much does the Dixie Diesel cost?

8. ddg

ddg LawnSite Member

The Grasshopper dealer here spent 10 minutes telling me how wonderful the front cut mowers were, and most of it was because they used a shaft drive & gearbox to the deck. I walked over and looked at the new mid-mount &quot;Z&quot; which uses belts & pulleys, and he spend the next 10 minutes explaining how much better this mower was because they got away from the shaft drive !

9. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the midmount grasshopper, the exmark 26 hp diesel,and the 27 hp liquid cooled gas at expo 2000 last weekend. All were very impressive. I wonder if Kohler is wondering why these new units don't have the 25 hp Kohler command on them? Lynn

10. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the midmount 321d grasshopper, the exmark 26 hp diesel,and the 27 hp liquid cooled gas at expo 2000 last weekend. All were very impressive. I wonder if Kohler is wondering why these new units don't have the 25 hp Kohler command on them? Lynn