New Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by swn, Apr 12, 2002.

1. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Got a new 725k2 Grasshopper today, and I'm in love. It has the gemni transmission (smoothe and quiet), 25 hp kohler, and a flip up deck. It is so much better than the one I just sold, which was last years model.

2. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower, hope it serves you well.

:)

Hank

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Congrats on your new mower. Last year I bought a Grasshopper 428D midmount with the 28hp diesel and the 72" deck. It is one fine machine. I also have a 721D front deck machine with the 21hp diesel and a 60" deck that is a backup machine now. It is a 1995 model and has 3000Hrs on the engine. It still runs strong.:)

4. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Mowingman, I also have a 225 midmount. I like it very much also. I was wondering how you felt about the front mount vs. the midmount. I find that we use the front mout a lot more than the midmount.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

swn,
    I feel that the front mount gives a slightly better cut on uneven ground. However, the cut is still very good on the midmount, the midmount is more maneuverable in tight spots, and the midmount takes less room on the trailer. If I used other attachments,I would probably want the front mount type. Since I just use them for mowing, I will probably stick with midmounts in the future.:)