1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely 252z or used Turf tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkdude, Sep 5, 2005.

1. exmarkdude

exmarkdude LawnSite Member

I have an oppurtunity to buy a used 52" turf tiger w/ 23hp lc with 200 hours for $6,000 or a brand new Gravely 252z 26hp lc for $6500. Which is the better value?
  2. niceguy

niceguy LawnSite Member

Spend the extra $500 just for the fact you will have a two year waranty. I dont care how well built or how well maintained, things do break. I have two 252's and Gravely is very good w/ honoring waranty work. In the two years under waranty, you will save money.
  3. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

go with the gravely, nothing wrong with either machine but a warranty means everything!! niceguys right, you will break down in two years with out a dought!!! i run jds, but if i had to choose between these two brand new, still the gravely!!!
  4. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Am I reading this correctly? A 252Z with a 26 horse liquid cooled engine for $6,500? I'd say this was a heck of a deal. I paid $6,850 for a 250Z with a 23 horse air-cooled engine two and a half years ago, and I thought that was a pretty good deal.