1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been invited to spend some time with Gravely execs/reps at one of their Kaizen(business improvement) Events here in NH today. They will be meeting with some local landscapers and helping one of their dealers. I witnessed one of these events when they flew me to Orlando and it really was amazing. They helped a large landscape company streamline operations and routines to save money and time.

I'll try to get some pics.

2. GMLC

Spent the afternoon with some great Gravely/Ariens folks. We talked a lot about the their company, products and customer service. They also wanted to know about my business, customers, likes/dislikes and even what other brands I have on my trailer. Several other landscape companies also had the chance to chat with them as well as dealers. Gravely will use all of this info to provide even better service and products!!

Here is a pic of me with Steve(VP Marketing) and John(VP of sales). Both great guys!!

ariens1.jpg

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Which one is which? I know which one you are (head of advertising & public relations. You're gonna have to give up mowing GMLC:laugh:).

4. GMLC

John is shaking my hand and Steve is the other fine gentleman. And the owner of Great Meadow Marketing is in the middle!!:laugh::laugh:

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

... and an excellent job you're doing too!:laugh:

6. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

With all of the good publicity you've provided for Gravely I hope they compensated you well! A lot of people have been influenced by your posts on LS.

7. GMLC

Just with lunch!!! You know what they say, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Do they read LS? I'd ask for a little more than lunch! I'll bet you've been influential in selling several mowers, and probably more to come.

Hell, you've got me about ready to buy one myself and I'm not even in the market for a mower!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  9. GMLC

I now have mowed enough lawns in different conditions to say this deck has great wet and dry cut quality on cool season grasses. I'm very picky and cant seem to find any faults. No clumps, no double cutting and no stragglers. My final opinion on the cut quality of the new Pro-Stance is excellent!!

These pictures are from today and it had been raining for the last few days.

ps4.jpg

ps7.jpg

10. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Great Meadow/GMLC,

Is there a newer style/design deck? It was implied earlier that they improved the deck. When did this happen? I am considering buying a machine at my dealer and wondered when the deck changed. How can you tell the newer vs. old design?

Thanks,
    Tim

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012