New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

GMLC-
    How much larger is the chute opening on that one than on the demo I had if you know? That lawn looks great.

2. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

If you see them side by side you can tell the difference in chute openings, and the new version has a rubber iso mount stand platform. It also has a fuel gauge whereas the version I demo'd last week didn't. I'm just not sure how much difference there is bewteen the two versions in the size of their chute openings since I didn't get to see them side by side.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry I dont know.

4. GMLC

The deck was improved for the new Pro-Stance and should be on all machines already.

Ridin' is correct. The updated version will have the rubber isolated platform, fuel gauge and bigger deck lift pedal. I'm pretty sure if you bought one this is what you would get now.

But I will be 100% honest, I don't know if you can still buy the non-updated version if dealers have them???

Gravely please chime in if you read this...

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

The older version was all my dealer had. He said that the new ones were coming, but not there yet. It didn't sound like he would even have them this fall since it's so late in the year. The older version one I used was fresh from the crate, and IIRC, he still has some of those left.

6. GMLC

Thanks, looks like there is still some left at dealers then.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I should have stated that I'm looking at a 61" Pro-Walk walkbehind. Any clue if these have the updated decks?

Thanks,
    Tim

8. GMLC

Im also very interested in the Pro-Walk. I don't know much about them and probably will not get a chance to demo one this year. I do know the deck is similar but not the same as the Pro-Stance. If you try one PLEASE let me know what you think. The z controls look really nice!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

IMOP the all new standers have made WB's obsolete

10. GMLC

I agree for the most part, but there are still hills a stand on will not do here in NH. I can mow some hills with a walk behind that I can hardly walk on!
    Posted via Mobile Device