1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I've learned not to take on accounts that I can't put my standers on, or if they are small enough I just throw the 21" on them.

2. BigGreen1

BigGreen1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Where I mow my steepest is a 25 degree incline. Most people who want a 60" mower do not want to walk. I have pictures to show the 25 degree incline. Any steeper, and my Exmark would not go up.

The offered price on a 61" hydro was hard to pass up.

Thanks,
    Tim

3. NJDLLC

NJDLLC LawnSite Member

Any of you guys used a slope mower before? I saw one a while back and was pretty impressed. No more walking on the edge of a hill with a little 21".

4. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I just returned the Pro Stance demo I have been using the last week. I was very impressed with the machine for the most part. I had the older version before the update. I thought the cut quality was good and the ride was nice and soft. It handled the little hills I had with ease. You can see pics and my review under the post called "Gravely"

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I am returning my demo tomorrow morning. Man Im going to miss this mower after 2 weeks! I will write my final opinion and thoughts on the new Pro-Stance this week sometime.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't tried the new Gravely unit with the flip up stand, however, I have tried the Toro GrandStand / Exmark Vantage machines and found that I don't care for them because when you flip the stand on plate to the "up" position and use it as a WB ... you have to stay so close to the machine that the shins of your legs hit the rear of the machine ... needless to say, it hurts !!

That is the reason I didn't buy one and I think that is the reason that WB's will never be "obsolete" ... they're just to useful.

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey GMLC, Ridin Green and Olmod

Did you guys get a chance to use the stander as a walk behind?

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Only good on flat ground as a walk behind. Just not enough traction without weight on the rear wheels if mowing hills.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Ok cool. I don't have any hills here s that's good to know.Everything is slowing down so I think imma wait till next year and set up a demo

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

No, I didn't at all. Sorry