New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The salesman who brought out my demo showed me the walk behind feature, and I could see when i walked about 5 or 10 feet behind it where it would beat your shins to death in a hurry.

However, I want to mention that one of the upgrades on the newest version is that they made some changes to the rear of the machine when the platform is flipped up so that you don't bash your shins to make using the WB function much better.

2. McDonald's LC

McDonald's LC LawnSite Member

Hey GMLC are the spindle in the 400 series the same as the pro-stance stander. Also will the blades swap from your 452 to the 52 pro-stance.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Different spindles and blades. The spindles are grease-able on the Pro-Stance and the blades are flat and not waved like my 452 blades.

4. McDonald's LC

thanks, Iam demo a 52 pro stance stander right now with a mulch kit and non updated machine. Its the best driving stander I have drove. The cut is great. But there is alot of blow out in the front with the standard blades. Maybe gravely needs a wave blade or something.

5. GMLC

May just be the mulch kit. All that air has to go somewhere with the chute blocked...

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Thsi is true, especially with a standard type blade. The wavy mulchers make a huge difference in that regard. With the wavy mulchers under my MOD and the deck closed off, it's no problem, but with regular blades :eek:

7. GMLC

I wonder if Gravely has mulching blades that go with the mulch kit? I would think they do...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. McDonald's LC

On the 48 you demoed how much over hang was on the trim side of the deck?
    just wondering. Look to replace 2 mows before tax season end.

9. GMLC

Ridin' can answer this. My demo is also a 52.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. McDonald's LC

My rep said the kit didn't come with blades.