New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

You were a deere guy, right? I am or was. I went with 2 red standers. I still and always will have deere in my line up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

I was a Deere guy and still love the green and yellow. I looked at going with them for these standers but they were $3000 higher and I couldn't justify that. Plus Gravely has been impressive from a customer service stand point and also a sales stand point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Agreed. I don't think any company comes close to going the extra mile for their customers (or even potential customers) like Gravely does. They have earned my future business.

4. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

5. TomsLawnMowING

TomsLawnMowING LawnSite Member

What all those washers for between blade and spindle?

6. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats how it comes from the factory. I have owned many mowers with spacers above the blades. My guess would be that the same spindles are used on many different models and the spacers are used to provide the correct fit in the deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys on the fence about Gravely need to demo one of these Pro Stance. I put 5 hours on both of mine today and the cut was flawless! I started out cutting when it was soaking wet and it discharged great and then as the day went on it just kept cutting nicer and nicer! These are awesome machines and it is the only mower I have ever used that I felt lived up to the expectations and I have ran a lot of equipment over the years. Thanks Gravely for building a awesome machine!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely pro stance is a great machine. I tested many standers out over the past week and the 48" prostance was one of them. Great company and dealer. Very well built and handled flawlessly. I would recommend this mower to anyone. With that being said there were flaws in every stander I tested out. I spent countless hours researching and looking at different models. At a later date I may get into specifics.
    The 2 minor imperfections in the pro stance were the weight and speed of the machine. Unfortunately speed and weight were important in my application so I could not pull the trigger even after the dealer gave me a really good price on it.

All of the standers had there flaws and you would have to combine all of them to make a perfect stander. At the end of the day you have to pick the one you are comfortable with. I have used a stander for countless hours over the past few seasons so even the smallest imperfection stood out.

I almost bought the gravely as it was a very stout machine and the dealer was close by. But I ended up going in another direction.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

So, what did you end up with?

10. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I reluctantly went with a brand new grandstand. After having issues with my 09 gs I swore off buying another. The pricing was very aggressive to say the least and after talking to some people from the dealer they assured me the newer models were problem free. This search was more about looking for negatives in the units than the positives. Not a very exciting search glad it is over and I can start mowing this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device