New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

Largest property is about 1.5 acres and as for standing all day I wouldn't be uncomfortable at all (mind you I stand all day dirt biking so this is way easier)
    I find the contour of the padding on the prostance helps hugely for comfort and support.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

The only time I ever lost traction was going down steep slopes at first. But the better I got with the controls and positioning I learned how to keep the wheels turning to almost prevent sliding. In my opinion its better than a ZTR but not as good as a walkbehind on steep hills.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

spend $1000 more and you'll get fleet pricing

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

It came out to 13 something minus 20% right?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

Agreed 100%
    Has a lot more control than a Z, but not quite as much as a WB...though not sure if it is by much if I was trying to control a 61" hydrostatic drive WB in my circumstance.... a 36" WB wins here

6. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Just wanted to share a picture I took with the Pro stance demo I had. Guys I'm telling you if you are are trying to decide on a mower don't rule out Gravley. At least give them a try and have a demo set up for your self. Just like GMLC Gravely went out there way to get in contact with me and the rep personally met me so I could pick up the mower.

I think this mower is amazing. I'm currently suffering a herniated disk and I felt a heck of a lot better after riding on the pro stance than I do with a sit down mower. Of course the cut quality was amazing, Just like in GMLC pictures. I believe I had last years model but the cut can only get better with the new deck they came out with.

Here ya go

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  7. GMLC

Very nice! Thanks for your thoughts on the machine. The features Gravely thought of on the Pro-Stance make it a top contender in the stander world. The quality is the best I have seen on any stander, the frame is massive!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  8. GMLC

And who says southern grasses don't stripe!!!!!

9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Lol :drinkup:

It's not as good as up there but it fine for me

10. baitdragger

baitdragger LawnSite Member

I just demo'd a pro stance. Was it just my machine or does the left handle controller shut the engine off? I don't mind how the grandstand cuts the PTO off if you let the handle go. But the pro stance was shutting off when I hit bumps and my arms bounced up. Also to open a gate or pick up trash the mower turned off every time. Very annoying

I liked the fit and finish of the wrights and toro/exmark a little better. Bad boy not so much. Not yet able to demo a vride. But the dealer is close. Hope to pull trigger soon