1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

The controls are just like a sit down

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I forgot yours was a 48!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't recall of the top of my head about the gauge wheels, but my review shouldn't be too hard to fine on here. It has the pics in it that show the deck.

As for the controls, I had a hard time simply because my demo was short, and I had never driven one of them before, so it was a learning experience for sure, but one I feel would smooth out quickly with a few days of practice. I believe GMLC had the same problem at first (though maybe not as bad as me:dizzy::laugh:) but he got the hang of it quickly IIRC.

IHTH

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I know there's not much difference between a 48 and 52, but I wanted it for specific places where the 4" might be the difference of getting in and around or not, but looking back, if I were to buy one, it would be the 52 for the added trim side over hang.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

6. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks Ridin'

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Just from my experience, I don't currently own a gravely but my combination of a 40" and a 52" seems to be working pretty dang good for all my residential s and the couple of commercial accounts I have. The 40 is bigger than a 36 (increased productivity) and still fits through practically every gate I've encountered thus far.Just food for thought. I will check but I'm pretty sure the baffles are wide open on my turbo force decks.

8. DCJ Lawn

DCJ Lawn LawnSite Member

GMLC & Ridin just curious what was or would be the deciding factor in going with the pro stance over the new John Deere stander ? I'm here in va with mostly northern grass and have narrowed it down to these 2 based on reviews but I have a demo set for John Deere this weekend and currently trying to set up one for gravely.. Just looking for you'll 2 cents

Thanks

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Both are great machines. The JD is a Wright stander with the Wright Aerocore deck. This deck has been problematic in northern grasses. Both handle hills great. The Pro-Stance has more features like foot and hand deck lift, rubber isolated platform and dial adjust deck height. You should really demo both on your properties to get a good feel. Let us know what you think of each.

10. DCJ Lawn

DCJ Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks GMLC ... I will update when I demo the units on what I think