New Gravely Pro-Stance Stander Review!!! With PICS!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

yeah, Wright is making standers for JD as of 2013...gravely (owned by Ariens) DID make the stander for John Deere previously, and it sucked just as much as the old gravely pro stance...i'm 97.3546% sure that is all correct, now i'm gonna go double check...i'm also very tired and my sleeping pill is starting to kick in, so if i'm wrong, i'm prob not going to correct it...

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I believe you're incorrect here. Gravely has been making the JD WB's, not the standers. It is true that Wright and Deere are partnering up for the new standers though.

3. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

No bigger opening than the deck has would bet it will clump in heavy grass.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I feel it did really well but will need more time on some thick grass. The X-Factor does awesome in wet grass. I will keep you updated as I cut more.

5. GMLC

The front tires are a hybrid run flat. They take no air but are not solid. Feel to have what 8 psi would feel like. Really smooths out the ride.

6. GMLC

Gravely designed and made this stander from scratch.

7. GMLC

From my understanding the deck has been enhanced. But I will let you know how it does when I cut some weeds.

8. GMLC

I will let you know. It really handled wet grass yesterday without one clump. I use to think a small opening size would cause clumping but my X-Factor deck does not clump at all in any grass dry, wet, thick or thin. The discharge pressure on both decks is huge and the decks stay clean.

9. GMLC

I am also sceptical about walk behind mode with not weight over the rear wheels. Honestly I have not tried it yet but will report when I do.

10. NJDLLC

NJDLLC LawnSite Member

You mentioned there was a new platform on it - was it comfortable? Worthwhile to take a look at?